Katie learns how how to stop ME/CFS relapses to make full recovery
It’s easy to believe that Recovery from ME/CFS is not possible. After all, if there is no agreed upon cure for ME/CFS, how can you expect to get well, right? Such beliefs become stronger and get reinforced when we are frustrated by our recovery efforts, time and time again. When we recover 70%, or maybe even up to 90%, and then we have a relapse, AGAIN! I remember I used to feel like screaming during those relapses, even when my recovery was much less than 90%!
Katie shares how she had set-backs for years, and then how she finally broke through and stopped the MECFS relapses to achieve a full and lasting recovery, which she has been enjoying for over 3 years now.
Some of Katie’s thoughts and techniques were exactly what I used to recover, in particular, her attitude towards recovery and the meaning of her symptoms – as she put it, she “‘relaxed into recovery”. Sounds odd, but on this side of the fence, it makes perfect sense. I wonder what you think? Share your thoughts below AFTER you have listened to the interview!
How to Recover from ME/CFS
Here are some interesting highlights to look out for:
- What is similar in your experience of the illness when you first got sick?
- Can you identify early warning signs like Katie?
- Did you have similar frustrations to Katie with family, friends and doctors?
- If you are vegan or vegetarian, is your diet optimised to include sufficient fat and protein?
- What was Katie’s key to recovery from ME/CFS?
- How did Katie deal with the conflicting information about ME/CFS? Who did she listen to?
Please leave a comment at the bottom of the page!
To me, Katie is a shining light of hope where there is often only darkness. Her willingness to share her personal experience to give hope to others with ME/CFS is to be respected and commended. Whilst everyone in life comes from a different viewpoint, in my experience those that recover all tell a similar story when it comes to ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia. If Katie’s voice resonates with you, please follow her on her wonderful blog here :
Here are some social media images for sharing: